Re: Tesla at www.poweroverwireless.com D

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 3/19/07 9:09:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

  The lead article describes Soljacic's stupid paper from MIT.
Nothing of any use in it and, in spite of a mention of Tesla, no
evidence of any kind that he understood what Tesla proposed or that
resonance was a key element of his power transmission system.

  The "power from space" article seems to say a lot of people are
advocating "further study", presumably with someone else's
money.  As they say, "breakthroughs are required" and some of them
require violating laws of nature which seem immutable.

  The Japanese scheme sounds perfectly workable but probably
prohibitively expensive.  Induction as short range works and has
been in use for a century in a variety of short-range applications.

  I liked the wireless extension cord best of all.

Ed

Hi Ed,

I find myself agreeing with you again. That phrase "
"a lot of people are advocating "further study", presumably with someone else's
money."
sounds just like a number of the "fringe" science advocates here on the list.

Matt D.

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339>AOL.com.