Why didn't I think of this??

Original poster: "Dave" <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gentlemen,
I usually chime in only when I have some offbeat idea, or to make a joke about some topic of discussion, but this time I have something so important to share with the Tesla coiling community, that I absolutely cannot keep this to myself. Yes, spun toroids are beautiful, and Terry's variable geometry ball toroid is a great idea, but in 20 years of Tesla coil building, I don't think that I have ever seen an idea this good. Just feast your eyes on this, coil builders:
 Ebay item # 290094809799
Imagine... a topload that will not only keep your beer cool, but allow for easy dispensing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This item could save me, well, six trips back into the house during my experiments. Naturally, you would have to get rid of the wicker handles, but the rest of the spun aluminum shape, if one had it sitting proudly on the top of his Tesla coil, could be the GREATEST improvement in the design of Tesla coils in the last hundred years. Forget the progress made with IGBT's and all that, if I had the cash to buy this item, it would be on the top of my Tesla coil. Please view this ebay item currently on auction. Ya might have to adjust the tune point as the number of bottles decreases. Hey, I can almost see the Corona coming out of the topload now!!!!

Cheers!  Dave Goodfellow