Re: do it yourself caps --- an ozone health risk!

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The ozone production of this type of capacitor is terrible and could
present a serious health hazard.  The exterior foil would not fit
tight on the outside of the cap and small air pockets would generate
ozone.
<snip>

I never said thing against MMC caps(although I do wonder about the lead resistance....I've always used copper strips an inch wide minimum with my mica pulse caps), If one is going to run a coil, one should be sensible enough to operate it in a well ventilated area being that the coil itself will produce a far greater amount of ozone. The spark gap probably produces sizeable quantities as well.... I guess a person wishing to try my silly idea might spend an extra two or three cents and wrap the top edge of the foil to keep the oxygen away from it. I never said this was a great long term solution.....just one a beginner on a budget could use to get started with.
Mike

Need Mail bonding?
Go to the <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=396546091>Yahoo! Mail Q&A for <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=396546091>great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.