From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 9:06 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PHISH] Copper VS Steel

Original poster: Jim <branley1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Folks:
I do appreciate the great assistance with my tesla coil that I have
received from you.
Can I get your opinion on a few things?

1) Can I use 1" EMT (Electrical Metallic Tubing) for my spark gap
instead of 1" copper pipe?

2) Can I use zinc coated bolts and nuts for my secondary instead of
brass bolts and nuts? Zinc is what most bolts, nuts & washers are coated
with.

3) What does the term quenching refer to when speaking about spark gaps?

Thanks for the informative help!
Jim