To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 10:05 PM
Subject: Copper VS Steel

Original poster: Jim <branley1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Folks:
I do appreciate the great assistance with my tesla coil that I have received from you.
Can I get your opinion on a few things?

1) Can I use 1" EMT (Electrical Metallic Tubing) for my spark gap instead of 1" copper pipe?

2) Can I use zinc coated bolts and nuts for my secondary instead of brass bolts and nuts? Zinc is what most bolts, nuts & washers are coated with.

3) What does the term quenching refer to when speaking about spark gaps?

Thanks for the informative help!
Jim