Re: Midieval Tesla Coil?

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I thought it was funny that Hodges took all the crap and really had the good ideas, not Glitch it was Hodges who actually built the tesla coil and tuned it...the dufus Glitch was one crackpot of a scientist. As I said before I read most of the chapters and the author did a fair amount of research, such as that electrostatic machine Antonio mentioned and even in one chapter made reference to a naturally occuring deposit of depleted uranium in Africa, which I do believe exists. It's definitely a humorous read if you are bored. Can you imagine having a bank of batteries that would get up to Tesla coil primary voltages? lol. He had no induction coil charging circuit lol.
Mike

Interesting. I have seen an electrostatic machine built exactly in
this way by a guy here in Brazil.
The glass plate in the middle accumulates charge, and causes the
machine to revert polarity at each few turns.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Be a PS3 game guru.
Get your game face on with <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49936/*http://videogames.yahoo.com>the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.