Re: FROM HAL - Starfish Spinner... Reply to Bart

Original poster: "The Krohns" <2halice@xxxxxxx>

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your input.  It's always good to hear from you!

Currently, I'm rather satisfied with my original bearing system.  I drilled
a hole in the middle of the spinner to staticly balance it.  So, I filled
the hole with the smallest set screw that I could find at Ace Hardware.  I
positioned the set screw hex end down, so that my homemade brass pivot point
sits in it.  I secured the set screw in place with two lock nuts, one on
both sides.  The thing spins really well.  If you haven't seen the two
videos of my spinner, here are the links:

http://www.halice.com/physics/4coil/spin1.wmv

http://www.halice.com/physics/4coil/spin2.wmv

Cordially, Hal in Tucson