Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:35:05 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

Not sure that 72 inches is a record for a 6 inch coil. For example, mine
does 96 inches off 4 MOT's with a spark 3 times the length of the
secondary..
http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil_sparks.htm#6%20inch%20coil%20(the%20best%20ones)
Also the spark will not be 0.75 MV. Voltage cannot be estimated by spark
length of a DC spark unless you are using a single shot. The 8 ft spark
would have been about 400-500kV estimated by the ratio of inductances of
primary and secondary, driving voltage and a factor of 0.8 for losses.
Peter