grounding miscellaneous stuff (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:23:13 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: grounding miscellaneous stuff

Hey everybody,
     One quick question, do you use the RF ground to ground miscellaneous
stuff (such as a motor casing for a rotary spark gap), or the mains ground.
If I remember correctly, one always uses the RF ground for the center tap on
transformers.  Up to this point, I have been using a separate (smaller)
steak put in the ground several feet away form the RF, for my center taps,
is this a good idea, or unnecessary (I have recently procured a whole bunch
of good wire, and I plan on re-doing all my wiring, including putting in the
grounds that I left out on all the miscellaneous stuff (I know, I should
have put it in already, but better late than never right?)).  Thanks a
bunch.
Scott Bogard.
P.S.  Would it be prudent to ground absolutely everything metal in the
vicinity of the coil (such as the little metal brackets holding together the
wooden hardware) or is this also unnecessary (I am getting a lot of wire!).

Live Hotmail.