RE: 3 Coil System Speed of acoustic waves in electrons (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:33:08 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 3 Coil System      Speed of acoustic waves in electrons (fwd)

Hi Colin,

> > Nonsense.  The electrons are held in place by electrostatic force,
> > whereas nuclei are held in place by the strong force.  The
> > electrostatic force is much weaker, thus electrons bound by it are
> > easier to oscillate than the strong force.  The mass of the electron
> > is irrelevant, as the electrostatic charge is the same for the
> > electron and the proton, of which the proton is 1836 times more
> > massive.  All this means is that the electrons can move more easily
> > while the protons are much harder to move.
>
> There are no strong forces involved.

Exactly.  That's just what I said.  The particular electrostatic resonance I
am working on occurs within the medium of free electrons on the metal, not
the molecular or atomic structure of the metal.  For this reason, your
assumption that the equation should use the speed of sound through the metal
is wrong.  It is the speed of the displacement in the free electrons that I
am measuring.

Dave