Re: those folks at MIT (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:19:38 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: those folks at MIT (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:

> [...]
Antonio:

    Thanks for your comments.  Seems to me you mentioned those
experiments here on pupman and steered us to some photographs you had
taken.  As for this paper you'll note that the authors didn't cite any
papers on RESONANT coupling, only on inductive coupling at power line
frequencies; the Tesla patent covered top load construction as I recall
and they completely missed his "world power system" patents.  Careless
research at best!!!  .  I think most of us believe that they think
they'd discovered for the first time that "self resonant circuits"
couple more tightly and that detuning reduces the coupling!!!  Lodge
demonstrated the latter in 1889 and Tesla certainly had many public and
private (Colorado Springs) demonstrations by the turn of  the 20th
century.  Essentially all spark transmitters used resonant coupling of
course.

Ed