Re: copper plated tungsten rods (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:08:30 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: copper plated tungsten rods (fwd)

I figured the gap would blow the plating off the tip, But I use a propeller
style gap, which means I have 7 inches of 1/8 tungsten rod.  Still probably
negligible, I figure If I use an acetylene torch to melt some copper, it
will stick nicely to the heated rod, just like steel does (although this is
bad for TIG welding).  Or I could electroplate the rod, if that would work
for tungsten (I have extensive experimental copper, zinc and silver
electroplating experience, I can get most anything to stick to most
anything, assuming I have pure samples of both metals).  Just musing.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: copper plated tungsten rods (fwd)
>Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:37:56 -0600 (MDT)

Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more!
http://mobile.msn.com