Re: Non-copper components (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:07:23 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Non-copper components (fwd)

Hi Frosty?

I think your "exception" - the primary tap, is the exception
that Gary was saying to NOT use steel in. BTW, Gary
didn't say that steel wouldn't get warm, he just said that its
presence, within reason of course, would have no noticable
negative effect on the performance, and I agree with this.
If you keep ferrous metals out of the direct conductive path
of the RF currents, small pieces of ferrous hardware here
and there will not noticably affect performance. Most pig
coilers have their RGS motor, which is a substantial chunk
of "ferrous metal", directly underneath the primary coil and
yet the coils do still work well. I had noticed that the outer
steel shell of my Hipotronics pulse cap did tend to get warm
during operation when it was mounted only a few inches be-
neath the primary coil, underneath the wooden base. It was
obvious that this was mostly inductive heating as opposed to
internal dielectric heating because only the top side of the
pulse cap, the side closest to the primary coil, developed
this noticable warmth above ambient temperature. Once I
repositioned the pulse cap a mere 6" or so lower, this effect
all but disappeared.

David Rieben