non-copper components, was RE: Forwarded mail.... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:10:09 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Forwarded mail....

Tom
     The biggest problem with steel is the components will overheat.  While
brass will conduct better, I think the performance improvement will be
fairly small.  The big improvement comes with the life of the parts (and the
life of the parts touching them).  As far as brass plated bolts go, it
depends on where they are, if they are in the active spark gap, the brass
will quickly erode diminishing the benefit.  However, if the parts are not
exposed to open plasma,they should work fairly well (because of the skin
effect).  At least as far as I know, others feel free to correct me.
Scott Bogard.