Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are back in the news, Political (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:41:20 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are back in the news,
     Political (fwd)

Hi Scott and,

Granted the Energy transmission is a total mockery as a "breakthrough"; and,
I was quite miffed by it. But, can we please stay on the topic of Tesla
Coils and keep political rants out of this forum per our mission?

Thanks,
Jim Mora"

	For the record I ran a coupling calculation for the coils in their experiment and get a value of ~0.0034 [if I didn't miss a decimal point] so even a Q of 300 at each end would give very tight coupling.  No miracle, no breakthrough, no nothing.

	When I get a chance I'll try to estimate the radiation from the transmitter.  Suspect it will be significant.

Ed