Re: 1/4 wave TC (metering) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:47:03 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1/4 wave TC (metering)

I wouldn't trust any readings with the TC running. High frequency transients
will capacitatively bypass your HV resistors and give marked errors.  It may
well be accurate at 60Hz but may be way out when a TC is running. Sometimes
it is just local fields and the meter reads with only one wire connected.
This is much more likely than ferromagnetic resonance IMO.
My meter
http://tesladownunder.com/HighVoltage.htm#Voltmeter
Peter