Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:42:06 EDT
From: FutureT@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

In a message dated 7/28/2007 9:06:08 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

It had  no termination and it produced a discharge.
>> Why not a TC with no  top load?

Skip,

Many years ago I built a TC with a 7" dia secondary.  It used a static  gap.
I was impatient
to get it working so I fired it up without a topload.  It gave about  24" to
28" sparks from
the 1/4" -20 threaded rod at top.  Then I added the 4" x 17" ducting  toroid
and the spark
length increased to 40", and got thicker and brighter.  This is  nothing new
of course.
I was using a 12/30 NST to power it.  This is the same 12/30 NST that  I
presently use
on my TT-42 TC.  Now I use a 4" x 13" spun aluminum pristine toroid of
course.

  _http://hometown.aol.com/futuret/page3.html_
(http://hometown.aol.com/futuret/page3.html)

John