Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:15:13 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

Hi Skip,

>Bart and all
>I have built a meter that appears to work well in measuring high
>voltages. I use a 1 ma movement and a very long string of resistors in a
>voltage devider. The meter is fed through a bridge retifier. I
>calibrated the unit and it appears accurate to about 5%. When the system
>goes into resonance the voltage jumps to about 20kv with 40v input to
>the NST. I would not have believed it.

Amazing isn't it! Resonance is a very real electrical transformation of
voltages and currents. Your method of reading the voltage sounds pretty
cool! I'm excited that you were able to measure this! Good job! Now that
the measurement supported the prediction, you will likely want to adjust
the cap to prevent power transformer resonance.

>The wire in the secondary is stranded. I picked up about 100k feet of
>this stuff a while ago so I use it for everything

That's what I figured from your description. Thanks for letting me know.
There are some subtle differences in a single strand of 22g magnet wire
and 22g stranded wire. This helps explain some oddities I've been
wondering about (which is why I asked). No problem with using the
stranded wire for your experiment though. I just wanted that clarification.

Take care,
Bart