Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by Science News ... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:47:08 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by
    Science News ... (fwd)

I read an appropriate article on wireless power in EDN
http://www.edn.com/article/CA6455599.html

Gave the MIT crap 2 sentences, more than it deserves. And EDN is free,
delicious and nutricious ;-D

I'm anxiously waiting for my E-paper and Silicon Carbide Mosfets! 600
degree operating temperature, and four times the breakdown voltage!

Scott"

	Poorly written paper by an alleged "technical editor".  I get EDN
but rarely look at the editorial matter.  E-paper is nonsense but very
high power SiC MOSFETS have been in use for specialized applications -
very high power high voltage high frequency power amplifiers for radar is
an example with which I'm familiar - but too expensive for commercial work
as other devices, IGN}BT's for example, perform as well for most purposes
and are more amenable to high-volume/low-cost production.  Silicon carbide
power rectifier diodes are in commercial use and relatively inexpensive.

Ed

Way way off topic!