Re: One-shot coil? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:05:05 -0500
From: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: One-shot coil? (fwd)

Hey Chris..

you pose an interesting senerio...  but just what would happen on a
single shot discharge...  imagine a setup using mongo macho quarter
shrinking caps being pumped into a primary inductively linked to a
secodary coil...
besides blowing the primary coil into a copper pretzel, there would
probably be a discharge from the secondary/toriod for about 1/120 of a
second ( depending on the secondary size etc.)  not really long enuf
time to produce the ionized channel to continue streamer production.

But imagine the EMF produced by the morphing primary coil...   that
would be really kewl...  :)
If it was strong enuf, it would possibly distort the lower end of the
secondary coil in the process...

just a thought

Scot D