Re: Twin SSTC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:33:47 +0200
From: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Twin SSTC (fwd)

Tesla list skrev:

snip

> Thanks, Finn!
>     Your explanation makes sense, but it seems like  you have to go through a
> lot of gyrations to accommodate the resonant charging  supply.

Not really. A TO220 SCR and a 6mm*10mm*16mm ferrite toroid with 10 turns
on it. Not a lot of effort to get the dream coil.
Having identical PCB`s is also nice.
Ok, there is a pulse driver and a remote too.

It may all seem complicated, but to me, it has been a way to build
something that is "my own" and possible. I still am not able to design
my own DRSSTC, although I am getting there.

>> There is a charging inductor downstream,
>
>     Or is that *upstream*?
>
>> This would also make it a coil that could only run at near full  power,
>
>> which I don`t like. Terry and others have reported how it is  unnerving
>
>> to witness a SISG coil burst into life without  warning.
>

> Could you also control a triggered SISG by altering  the duty cycle? Utilize
> sections that won't trigger at the highest supply  voltage, and only let them
> conduct when you trigger them? This would let you  ramp the BPS from zero to
> max, but at a constant bang size.

It can do both things!. Set the BPS and vary the voltage with a variac
(3 phase, of course) or set the voltage (for constant bang size) and
vary the BPS.
The triggered SISG is designed to deliver the best of all worlds, and I
still don`t understand why I seem to be the only listmember that has one.

Cheers, Finn Hammer