Re: Vegas pole pigs can't take the heat (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 21:15:09 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Vegas pole pigs can't take the heat (fwd)

Hi guys,

Wow, I got more info than I expected from this question ;^) Thanks to
everyone for their most informative inputs and thanks to Chip for his
latitude of tolerance for a borderline OT subject that's beginning to drift
completely OT ;^0  I think I now understand. The bottom line is that pole
pigs still rock as power supplies for large, archaic "dinosaur" SG driven
coil systems. I'd like to eventually take the leap into DRSSTC land, but I
consider myself just too electronically challenged as well as financi-
ally challenged to seriously take on a megalythic solid state coil system
at this time. BTW, both my 15 kVA pig that powers my Green Monster
coil system and my spare 25 kVA unit are U.S. made -  Solomon, KS.
and Laurel, MS., respectively :^))

David Rieben