Re: BPS vs. Resonant frequency (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:16:28 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BPS vs. Resonant frequency (fwd)

Hi Scott,

You ask great questions! I know John said no (as he's probably already
thought about this), but I personally haven't considered it. You could
find out by modeling this situation in a flavor of spice. Microsim or
similar should answer the question. I guess if it were me, I would start
out banging the gap at Fr, then adjust the gap rate for the lower
harmonics and octaves. Compare all to a standard 120 bps rate. This way,
a single coil could be used to make the comparison versus changing the
coil parameters to suit a particular harmonic or bps.

Take care,
Bart