Re: Resonant cap?

Original poster: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx Hey JT, regarding your response to my post - for the first time, I know online calculators are for 50/60 hz. I guess I was "reading into" your inquiry & I misunderstood that maybe you a 60 hz transformer & that you were somehow trying to get to a 40khz coil or something. Not knowing your level of expertise, I thought I would offer you a suggestion. Just trying to be helpful. Lighten up. Dennis Hopkinton MA

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: Resonant cap?

Original poster: "JT Bowles" <<mailto:jasotb%40hotmail.com>jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi JT,

For your 30KHz transformer, the formulas that you want are these:

Zout = Vs_oc_rms/Is_sc_rms

Cres (nf) = 10^9 / (2*pi*freq*Zout)

use 30KHz for your frequency. The assumption here is that the winding resistance is insignificant compared to the current limiting leakage reactance. If you can measure the primary and secondary winding resistance, we can verify the assumption.

Gerry R.

For the...thrid time now, online calculators only work for 50/60Hz.......

My Transformer runs at 30kHz, 2KV AC, 10ma.

Again, you cannot use an online calculator in this case. Go back to deep fried neon. Look above where you put in the voltage and current. It has a selection for"50 Hz" and "60Hz". NO 30KHZ.

So far, I have only received one real response; 26.5pF. I calculated by hand and received a similar answer. I need some more opinions though.

Search for grocery stores. Find gratitude. Turn a simple search into something more. <http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG>http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG