Re: spark gap noise suppression

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

It sure wouldn't hurt to muffle the gap, but the main sparks will still be quite noisy...at least in a bigger coil.
Mike

Has anyone ever tried to make things a little quieter when running your
coil?

I was looking at the muffler on my central vacuum unit and it has a
muffler that quiets the unit by about 50%.  Borrowing from that idea,
I was thinking about building a box lined with some type of foam with
openings on each end.  Any thoughts?

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49981/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html>Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49981/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html>free Yahoo! Mail Beta.