From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:13 PM
Subject: Garage door opener vs. Tesla coil

Original poster: <mailto:otmaskin5@xxxxxxx>otmaskin5@xxxxxxx

I looks like my coil murdered my garage door opener. While running
the coil in the garage, the garage door  opened on it's own & then
died. I now have to open & close the door manually. I was careful to
position the coil far enough away so that no arcs could strike the
opener or anything connected to it, and it still seems to have
succumed to the coils effects somehow.

My question is, other than unplugging the opener, are there any
preventative measures I can take to protect the garage door
motor/receiver? Or is there just no safe way to run the coil indoors?
I imagine the repairs won't be cheap so I'd like to avoid a
repeat.  Thx for any advice.  Dennis Hopkinton MA

<<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redir=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fnewaol>Check>http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redir=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fnewaol>Check
out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and more.