Re: The New Guy

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

Dan, John, Mike..and VTTC coilers,

Dan lives in the right town, in fact just a few
minutes from my house...plus I just about have all the
parts for my 833A system.  Dan gave me an 813 as part
of a trade, and I think we have 3 or 4 between us, so
I am already planning on making my VTTC modular, so
that I can plug in a variety of triodes or other tubes
running as triodes, and with a minimal amount of
change, get decent performance.  As Dan and I met in
the ham radio hobby we both get regular access to the
components common to both linear RF amplifiers and
tube coils.  Oh and I also have a 304tl with a known
good filament, plus a variety of rarer tubes in boxes
in my lab, many of which will definately be fun to try
out in a coil.

On another subject, I visited Dan's lab last night,
and his first disruptive coil has improved its
efficiency and is now producing sparks in excess of
the winding length.  Congratulations Dan.

-Brett

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>Check

> out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/