RE: Garage door opener vs. Tesla coil

At 09:50 PM 1/16/2007, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "sy" <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>

Shove the antenna inside the opener box, except for a little bit to grab and
pull it out again when you are done making streamers.  Disconnect the remote
pushbutton.  Unplug the power cord and wrap the cord in foil connected to
the opener box.  I have generated seven foot streamers in my garage & the
opener survived.
--Steve Y.

Another vulnerability is the photosensor that keeps the door from closing when there's something in the way. Wire = antenna = bad stuff inside the box