Re: PVC w/ H2O

At 11:07 AM 1/12/2007, you wrote:
Original poster: StephenTetorka@xxxxxx
Good idea about the water content...still...one sample melted.

Also..if you check electrical conduit at Home Depot & Lowes...printing on it says "nonmetallic"...

That word means nothing as far as composition. That's to identify it (NEC wise) as nonmetallic raceway.. that is, you can't use it as a grounding conductor, as you could with EMT (Electrical Metallic Tubing) or IRC (Intermediate Metallic Tubing) or GRC (Galvanized Rigid Conduit). I confess I've never seen GRC used.. everyone I know calls it just rigid conduit, and curses mightily when it's called out in the drawing, because it's a pain to bend and work with (being "rigid" and all)

Regards,
Steve
WA2TAK