Re: the mechanical engineering problem

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

You may know this already, but when you go to silver
plate the bus bars, you can do it in your shop for a
fraction of the cost of having it electroplated, by
using Cold Amp. It's a powder and real easy to use.
We've used it in medium voltage (12,470) switchgear.

Adam

> Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Thanks to everyone who submitted ideas for the big
> primary coil.  I
> have several ideas now and will resolve the issues
> soon.
>
> Several members suggested internal primary, but if
> there are any
> flashovers they would not be visible unless fiber
> optics were
> employed to watch for them.
>
> The idea I think we will employ (actually suggested
> by several
> members) is to use 5 inch wide x 1/4 inch copper
> ribbon buss bar and
> then silver plate it.

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.