RE: Lightning Video

Chris,
   I really don't know....I think the huge tree above me kept the water on the cardboard to a minimum, but all I can really say is that I was dang lucky.  My car was obviously a far better path to ground in spite of rubber tires.  I guess it was kind of like how a Tesla coil tends to go towards metal targets, whether grounded or not.
Mike

Would the cardboard really make much difference as to whether or not the lightning hit you?  I think that lightning could easily overcome the breakdown voltage of cardboard, also, since it was sprinkling, it probably would have even been somewhat conductive.  So would the cardboard really make any difference at all?

Chris