Re: Laser guided Tesla Coil

Original poster: Dave Leddon <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>

You might want to reconsider. I had a friend who tethered one of those aluminized Mylar party balloons to the top of his coil with 150 feet of #40 wire. Upon application of power the sparks flew and the balloon popped dropping the wire onto his wife who received some minor burns. (He claims it was an accident and not a plan.) All humor aside, this could have turned out really bad if the wire had contacted the primary circuit on the way down.

Dave
Pleasanton, Ca