Re: Piranha II Primary Angle

Original poster: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jim,

All my primaries are flat without any angle.  They are not "conical" in anyway.

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-003.JPG
http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-004.JPG
http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-012.JPG
http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/SISG-coil/P7150179.JPG
http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/SISG-coil/PrimaryQ-04.jpg
http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/SISG-coil/PrimaryQ-10.jpg

PIRANHA-II and above have the primaries "under" the base and are fully insulated due to the danger of the primary circuit.

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-total-02.JPG

They don't require tuning once the initial tuning is set:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/Tuning.JPG

Small tuning changes can be made by varying the positions of the top balls (they slide in and out):

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/TerminalTuning.JPG

Cheers,

        Terry