Re: Candle Power 2

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx YES.....I saw that. This video is a FAKE. The guy is turning something on and off under the table. Its a FAKE but it gives me a Tesla Coil idea.

I lined up 12 feet of tiny birthday candles and lite them all. I placed a wire in a flame at each end connected a light bulb in series with a battery and the light buld light up. I can shoot a TC arc threw the flame or discharge a cap bank threw the flames. Nothing new everyone probably know a flame will conduct electricity. The physical properties of fire must be equal to electricity.

With that in mind it makes me think. Does the flame actually conduct or is it the carbon in the flame from the burning material that conducts?

I replaced the Toroid on my 4" TC with an aluminum pie pan. I put about 1/4 cup of alcohol in the pie pan and ignited it. With the lights off it does not burn a very large flame maybe 8 to 10 inches above the pie pan. I turned on my TC and I get several 1000 blue sparks 5 feet long in all directions. It forms a very large half circle of spark above the TC. The sparks sorta look like a giant ball of steel wool burning blue. There is no 1 arc or spark its just several million tiny sparks. The flame helps to conduct the electricity my TC will normally produce 24" arcs now I get 5 ft sparks. When the alcohol burns out the pie pan starts producing streamers from the edge.

Gary