Re: Silicon Controlled Rectifiers...

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/12/07 5:52:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: "Chip Ford" <chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am just learning about this electronic stuff so, Can someone please
tell me if a SCR has states other then on and off. Can you vary the
amount of power passed thru them. I was thinking (probably wrong
again), that they either pass electrons or they don't. Thanks in advance..

Chip

Chip,

The SCR has only two useful states.  The gate turns the device on
so it conducts.  Once it's on, it can't be turned off until the anode
voltage is removed (lowered below a certain voltage).

John