Re: VTTC from Eimac 8755 on eBay

Original poster: "Dr. John W. Gudenas" <comsciprof@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings Steve
We have an old AM radio tech on campus that ran racks of 833A tubes.
I asked about that glass extension.
He indicated that he had "heard" they were used in an out gassing
operation then sealed at the tube  and put in service although he
hadn't seen any.
Hearsay is hearsay, but I don't believe those tubes are intended to
stay there during service. I couldn't find anything in Tube Lore or
my RCA manual.

I agree, its just best to avoid them. Plenty of other options now for
833A or C. Get back to that EE degree and stop answering these
questions.
Best
John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.