Re: Weather/coil performance

Hi Dan,

Air pressure is certainly related to the ability of an accumulation of charge to conduct across a medium of dielectric whose distribution is determined by air pressure and external little floating things. I'm not so sure there would be enough of a change in pressure to cause the problem, but it's certainly worth considering.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Bert,
Thanks for the reply. I suspect there is also something else as the root cause. It may be weather related, but not humidity as described.
Take care,
Bart

How about air pressure?
The smallest changes in pressure and/or supply-frequency when pumping down a plasma globe has a significant impact on spark length and other characteristics.

I have often wondered if there wasn't an ideal range of Tesla-coil frequencies that worked best within the normal range of everyday barometric pressures.
Dan K.