Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] the REAL first light

Ed and Dave,

Okay, so hooking a transformer up the way it occurred to me will not work.

My main question about capacitor testing by the method Dr Resonance suggested, is,

How do you do that?

If I am able to get a current reading across a cap (with a-c applied to it, as I understand)
What does that number mean?

What if it is .5 A @ 1000 v?
or
20 mA @ 1800 v ?

what could one compare the readings to if not a known good part?
Is there a formula?

Thank you very much

Marko