Re: [TCML] Refurbished Coill

>It seems like we pay too much for many things compared to our American
>friends.
>I am in Sydney.

Copper is expensive here too.  $3.50-$4/lb at the recycler, so people are stealing it out of street lights in Los Angeles.  They actually wait for daylight (when the lights are off) and literally rip it out through the access panels, pulling it out of the conduits in the street.  They're welding the covers shut and/or leaving the lights on during the day (oh yeah... 600V at several amps is quite a jolt)

Hardware stores cannot stock standard rolls of 500 ft of AWG12 wire near the door, because someone can do the run in, grab a couple rolls and run out, and be $20-40 to the better.  (Obviously, these are people for whom $20 is worth the considerable trouble)

And, on construction sites, they have to lock up all the wire, pipe, and fittings.