Re: [TCML] More wire better?

Capacitive reactance current limiting is something you already understand.

[ I(peak) = Omega x Cap x Voltage(peak)]  applies to pole pigs the same as
it does for NST.

  Our system uses:

(10 Kva) pig.
30amp desired with 240V input yields  500ma (peak) current at the high
votage end.

14.4 kv x sqrt(2) yields approx. 20kv (peak).

Omega = 2pi x 60hz.

Solving yields approx .09uf,  This is the value of our tank capacitor.

No more current can flow than is set by the equation above.

Of course you still need a ballast to handle the momentary shorts. But it
does not need to be as large as with systems using smaller tank capacitors.

Jared Dwarshuis, Larry Morris