Re: [TCML] Table top Magnifier

Hi John and David,

The coupling is certainly 0.5 or better. If exactly at 0.5, then the primary starts slightly less than 3/8" below the secondary driver coil. If it starts exactly even with the secondary, then around 0.52. Antonio's INCA program will calculate the coupling exact as the data given to the program.

I didn't get to view this coil until after work tonight. It's a very "nice" looking maggy! Excellent workmanship David! Also nice output for this little maggy! The total transfer will occur in a single cycle at 3.64us. Very fast compared to most coils. I think your quench gap is doing excellent.

I'm curious David, do you have a conductive disc covering the top of the secondary? I did this with my hybrid-maggy to suppress corona.

Take care,
Bart

FutureT@xxxxxxx wrote:
David,
Nice work on the magnifier. Are you sure the coupling is that tight?
usually it's difficult to get it to 0.5.  Is that an oil insulated  secondary?
Also you can use Antonio's formula to figure out the overall coupling of the entire
system which will be much lower.  What is the total spark gap  spacing?
John

**************************************See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)