Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: Apology -- was:Re: [TCML] Q,,question

No offense was taken. I didn't quite understand your meaning in the original post.

BTW, were you the person looking for some caps --- perhaps the large Maxwell 0.1 uF 60 kV cap I have?

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yurtle Turtle" <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 3:08 PM

I think you and I are being overly sensitive here. I
didn't take your statement any way other than you
intended. I did mean it in a somewhat sarcastic
manner, though I also believe it to be a realistic -
though difficult - way to handle corona on thin
ribbon. I suspect most of us list members have fairly
thick skins, though we keep having new folks show up,
who may not have my sense of humor. I just wanted to
point out that while I consider my suggestion
ridiculous, I didn't mean it to be insulting. It would
be ridiculous for me to try to wind a pig, but Finn's
is truely a work of art. We all remember over eager
newbies who shoot for the impossible. It's probably OK
to tell them if the view doesn't warrant the climb.
However, we also have read about folks who have done
the impossible, so I try not to discourage the
impossible. Conventional wisdom says NEVER try to
drill holes and thread 50 feet of 1/4" tubing through
eight primary supports, but I ignored that and got a
decent looking primary:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/primary.htm

Adam