Re: [TCML] capacitors

I understand what does it mean 250n @40kV. This is the "maximum" option and I just wanted to know _how much it would cost_. I've made few small and one medium-sized(65cm secondary) TC and they work very well. Now I'm thinking about a bigger one. The secondary(200cm) for it is already winded. One of the sponsors proposed a 25kW 3phase pig (mentioned in earlier posts), but I'm afraid it's far too much power, and, as I see now capacitors will cost also too much.

Just because you have "lots of capacitors"
Sorry I didn't finish about these capacitors. They are oil filled, for low frequencies. I know that they are not suitable for TC. I was just wondering if there is any way to use them or should I throw them out because they take a lot of space (about 1/2 cube meter. ~50 caps 100uF@5kV).

Tomas