Re: [TCML] capacitors

I have two large Maxwell caps that we ran at 26 kVA on our Big Bruiser. It used three 0.1 uF 70 kV pulse duty, hi-Q, hi-rep rate caps. A list member has spoken for one of them, but I have two for sale. Contact me off-list.

Dr. Resonance

----- Original Message ----- From: <Mddeming@xxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] capacitors

In a message dated 12/3/07 1:13:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Tomas.Stankevic@xxxxxxxx writes:

,
what capacitors would you recommend me to build a 250nF @ 40kV  MMC? (for
DC TC powered by 3phase pig) how much (approximately) it will  cost? What
about shipping to  Lithuania?

Tomaš

Hi Tomaš,

   The cost would depend not just on the voltage, but  also how much power
you will be putting through, as power determines the  peak current your caps
will have to handle. Since the CD caps run ~$3.30 each,  and you may need
several hundreds of them, a custom-made cap might be cheaper than an MMC. I believe
Dr R. may be the best source for truly large caps.

Matt D.