From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Vinnie
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:54 PM
To: Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] MMC failure / question or advice.

Hello people

 Recently I have been running into some trouble with my coil and what I
believe to be an MMC failure
but not sure whats causing it.
 I am running 8 series CDE 942C20P15-F .15MFD 2000VDC caps in my MMC. First
failure burned a hole
through two of these caps. I replaced the two bad caps with the same type
and did two more 20 second
runs which resulted in a loud snap. No visible damage this time but I could
still hear a loud snap or arc
even after the coil stopped functioning. One bleeder resistor on one of my
caps looks to have heated quite
a bit but it doesn't look burnt. Primary power input is 2 12/30 NST's and a
RQ style gap. This functioned
great for years but it seems somewhere something is breaking down now.
Does anyone have an ideas what could be happening. I am thinking maybe it's
time to build complete new MMC.
Would anyone know if there is a better more robust MMC solution for my
setup?

Thanks

Vinnie