Re: ARSG Motors (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:24:31 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ARSG Motors (fwd)

At 05:42 AM 8/24/2007, you wrote:

> [...]

In the U.S., most washing machines (older ones anyway) use a pretty
standard capacitor start induction motor in the 1/2HP range.

My new "fabric care system" (they're not just a washer any more) uses
a three phase inverter to drive its motor at a whole variety of speeds.

Other universal series wound motors would be from vacuum cleaners or
from an electric drill (sans gearbox) or, as you found, from a
electric grinder.