555 Timer program (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:26:42 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 555 Timer program

I have an idea for a small Tesla Coil.  I need a 555 timer program does anyone have one or know here I can download one that really works.

I use to have a 555 timer program on my old computer.  I could put in the values I want and it showed me a graph of the output wave same thing you could see on a scope.

What I am looking for is the resistor, capacitor, diode, values so output goes high for a very short time, as short as possible.  I want a spike output not a square wave.

I did a search for 555 timer and 555 timer program found several but non of them actually work.  Several are must advertisements wanting me to buy software.

My TTL book is not showing me what I need to know.

Here is the plan.  I am going to connect the secondary coil of a small modulation transformer in series with the primary coil of the neon.  If I put a signal on the primary of the modulation transformer is should modulate the 120 VAC going into the neon.  The output of the neon should be modulated too.  Turn the dial change the frequency modulation see what happens.

Anyone tried this already?