RE: ARSG Motors (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:37:03 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ARSG Motors (fwd)

Chris,
     I have been told that treadmill motors work very well, but since you
have angle grinder motors that cheap in sight, why not go for it.  If you
are concerned about flipping a breaker (hence the imposed power limit) just
plug the spark gap into a different outlet (different breaker), and
remember, you are probably never going to actually run the thing full blast,
as 11000 rpm is kind of dangerous, so if you are running it slow (with a
variac or whatever) it is not using full power, so it will probably make
your 800 watt limit, as long as you don't run it full speed.  Just hook it
up to a variac and multimeter, and crank up the voltage until you get a
corresponding current which when multiplied together gives you 440 watts
(P=VI).  If you do not have a variac, get yourself a few potentiometers in
series, that have the ability to go to almost 0 ohms, don't use a dimmer
switch, feedback from the coil will not allow proper operation (I know this
from personal experience, and many others can also testify on my behalf).
Good luck.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: ARSG Motors (fwd)
>Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:04:35 -0600 (MDT)

Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily.
Visit now. http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_AugHMtagline