RE: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:31:10 -0500
From: sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

> Really - when we hear hoofs, we should think horses, not zebras.  Or
> unicorns.

But... but... but... Unicorns are so much more FUN!

<G>

Seriously, though, in the 60's, I was involved with a group analyzing
supposed UFO pictures, and we saw lots of mysterious pulsating streaks
in various pictures.  It soon became apparent that what people were
seeing was the effect of camera movement causing mercury vapor street
lights to "trail" through the photograph. I was able to duplicate almost
all of them by aiming a test camera at a distant street light and
panning the camera while the shutter was open.  Since the light was
flashing on and off at 120 pulses per second, the trace on the film
appeared as a series of pulses, the spacing between them depending on
the speed of the panning.  Digital cameras do the same thing.

73,

Ralph   W5JGV - WD2XSH/7
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8/22/2007 9:05 AM