cheap panel meters (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:50:36 -0400
From: Nick Andrews <nicothefabulous@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: cheap panel meters

I was thinking about a remote I want to build for a laser power supply
I have that would need panel meters to report voltage to monitor laser
power, and thought hey, why not try those $3 DMMs from Harbor Freight?
I bet they can be 'adapted' for this use, and maybe for guys here
making control panels, etc.  Should have everything there, a built-in driver
for the LCD, etc.  And cheap enough to fry a few if that's what it
takes.

Another laugh is the Kill-A-Watt in their new sale flyer for $30, ouch!

Nick A